- What is Church Membership? Church membership is not like having a country club membership or having a VIP card at your favorite restaurant. Church membership is a covenant that Christians make with one another to live together in a particular place as the Body of Christ. Church membership is much more about what we can give, than what we get (though it does come with very important spiritual benefits).
- Who can become a member of Emmaus?
1. Repented of Sin and Trusted in Christ Alone for Forgiveness and New Life
2. Baptized as a public display of being a Follower of Jesus
3. Committed to serving the Body of Christ and Pursuing a Life that displays to the world what it means to Follow Jesus
- How can I become a member?
1. Attend the Emmaus Membership Training- This meeting is offered at various times throughout the year. You will hear more about the expectations of membership, how we desire to serve you, and how you can get involved in serving others.
2. Meet with a Staff member or Deacon- This is not an interview or test. It’s simply a chance for you to share about your story of coming to faith in Christ and how you have grown in following Him. (If you have not been baptized, the Staff member or Deacon will answer any questions you have about this requirement for membership.) Call 405-691-6646 or email email@example.com to set up this meeting.
3. Presented to the Church Family during a Worship Service- During the worship service, new members stand together (you won’t have to stand by yourself) with the rest of the church as we commit to serve Christ together.
- Upcoming Emmaus Membership Class
Second Sunday of Each Month
9:15am in Pastor's Office (near Family Check-in)
Register for the Emmaus Membership Class